Describing My Experience...They Say It Better

Here are just a few anecdotes I have found that describe my experiences, challenges, hopes, and prayers as a 2006-2008 Holy Cross Chile Associate. It seems that sometimes the best words to express yourself are not always your own.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be."
- St. Theresa's Prayer

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty and find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child or a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am only one, but I am one, I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I should do, and with the help of God, I will do."
- Everett Hale

"Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another."
- Emma Goldman

"The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves, they find their own order... the continuous thread of revelation."
- Eudora Welty

"Giving to others selflessly and anonymously, radiating light throughout the world and illuminating your own darkness, your virtue becomes a sanctuary for your self and for all beings."
- Lao Tzu

"Never give up until you have released your unused capacities for service and shared your gifts with others. One enkindled spirit can set hundreds on fire."
- William Danforth